Rambly ramble

I started the Elite Four grind yesterday...then my DS died. I don't remember where I put the charger, ill find it when I get home. Lately though, since quitting WoW, I find myself typically playing about four games at once. First of all is still Just Cause 2, which I have not touched in a few days, however that does not mean I am done with it by any stretch. No, in fact I am looking forward to diving back into the game either tomorrow or Monday, depending on when I have time really. Since I have decided to actually start doing the missions, the game has gotten much better for me, so I definitely do not plan on quitting on the adventures of Poco Rodriguez yet. He shall avenge his window washer/inventor of a father, Ramon. Great, now I'm getting self-referential. Well, onto the stuff that I actually am playing lately. In the interest of keeping this blog thing as tidy as possible, we are going to do the jump cut thing right over here. Read on if you wish.


Mostly what I have been playing as of late though is Super Street Fighter 4. This game is amazing, simply put. I have the normal edition of 4, however I did not play it much...probably because of WoW. This game though, is one of the few games I find myself really getting into online. I sign on at least once a day and throw myself into a few ranked matches. I am by no means a great player of this game, but I know my way around a few of the World Warriors and can pull some wins out of left field. Oddly enough, I haven't really played around with the single-player modes on this yet. I keep on getting pulled into online matched during my one-player arcade romps. To me, this is not an experience that is really meant to be played solo, so I try to keep myself from falling into that habit of not testing myself against human opponents. I think this is one of those games where I am going to do a long-style review, and throw it up on Joe's thing. Actually ill probably do one for Just Cause as well. Cause really, both are great new games.

Team Fortress 2 is the fourth game I have been playing lately. I always loved this game, in a way that is not typical with me and shooters. I have to admit, the art style is really what does it for me. Between the characters themselves, and the architecture, I feel like TF2 is really in a class of its own. Also from a gameplay perspective, I love the lack of grenades. Those explosive little buggers have always been things that favor those who do not leave their parents' basement, and really I just do not have the time or the want to learn how to use such things. But yeah, also it speaks to my inner RPG nerd that the game is class based. I mean really, that is just great for variety in a shooter. Mix that with the whole slew of updates and new items added in...which I am just now experiencing, and there is really nothing bad I can say about the game. The best part of this old/new stint with the game is that there are still plenty of people playing it. I found so far...two fun servers to play on. So I guess for the time being, I find my recent lack of online game play quickly filled by now not one but two games. I am...okay with this. Just so long as I do not find myself going with the rest of the herd in playing Modern Warfare, I should be alright.

0 comments: