Head hurty, writey anyway

I have, despite finding myself in Azeroth once again, been playing a fair amount of new video games. Last article I wrote about Transformers: War for Cybertron before my brain turned to jelly at work, allowing me to only make the most rudimentary of noises instead of words. I think I was only able to really to communicate in Morse Code, and that was only achieved by banging my head against the table. Odd thing is, I have no fucking clue how to "talk" in Morse Code normally. Now today though, while I am at work again, I feel like I am in a more comfortable position, and can get back to talking about the games taking up my time as of late. And I shall talk about these games after the cut, jump, thing.
Okay, Crackdown 2. I have been looking forward to this game for quite a while. Ever since it was announced actually. This is one of the games I actually stood in line for at PAX and played in a very public multiplayer environment. The multiplayer I played then was great, it made me very excited for its eventual release. Since it has been released though, I am kind of meh on the game. It's not as good as the original Crackdown, but it is still fun. One of the things I am still not sure about is the progression of the game. Crackdown 1 was a very relaxing game for me. Crackdown 2 can get to that same point where you lazily jump rooftops looking for agility orbs, but you have to more earn it, as you see the influence of the human faction, Cell everywhere in this game, on the streets and rooftops. You have to take over points in the city, retaking the land for the Agency. I guess in hindsight I have to more commend this way of doing things, as I remember feeling pretty good when I earned my lazy sandbox. In reality though...for better or worse it is really the same game as Crackdown 1, with a few tweaks; tweaks made from growing as a development team.

I have not gone into the multiplayer section of the game yet. I want to, but when I find myself craving the murder of other players, I still am sticking with Transformers, or WoW. I am sure when I have more time I will revisit Rocket Tag though and light it up. I did pretty well on that mode at PAX. So who knows.

The other game I have been playing lately is the very fun Dragonquest IX. It's Dragonquest, that's it. If you have ever played one of these games before you know exactly what to expect. Slimes, swords, and awesome pun based nomenclature. The main differences lie in the fact it is on the DS, which I love, because it is now put above that damn graphics microscope. It gets to look however it wants, just so happens it wants to look great. However I am missing out on the biggest feature in this game, as none of my other friends own it. I really wanna try the local Animal Crossing style multiplayer. Have one of my friends come to my world as we pal around and fight monsters. So far I like the previous installment 8 better, simply for the story. My only complaint with 9 is that the story isn't really there, due to lack of persistent characters besides your mute avatar. Sure other people are there, but they usually stay in one place, and can only help you push something forward so much. But really, I am enjoying the game, and I would advise anyone with the 40 dollars to burn gets it, especially if they have friends with the same money to burn.

Anyway, that's really all that matters to me about games at the moment. If you read my stuff, leave comments, talk on this thing, wanna know what you think about any of the games I am playing now, or played recently. Let's get a conversation going.

0 comments: