Paladins, why I play one.

I started playing World of Warcraft back in 2007, when Burning Crusade was the newest expansion on the block, people still had high hopes for a meaningful lore spot for Illidan, and everyone was super psyched to look like they were assaulted by a bag of Skittles. Back when I first started, I had one friend who played the game, and he played a Paladin. I asked him how he liked the class, and he enjoyed it well enough, but he also was by and large a role-player (still is) and could not tell me much about the mechanics and such of the class. So I decided to do some research on my own, mostly by visiting Wowwiki. When I read up on the various classes, I found two that caught my attention immediately, Druids and Paladins. Both these classes caught my eye because of the versatility inherit in them. Both of these hybrid classes could literally do it all, dps, tank and heal. So I figured either of these classes would be great to start with as I could find which role I liked doing and then go with it full throttle.

After looking at both classes and seeing how they played, I eventually opted into making a Paladin. Why a Paladin over a Druid? (The question all zero readers of this are asking) Well two main reasons. One, I, from the get-go of getting into WoW, planned on role-playing. I joined an RP server (Earthen Ring) and actually created a backstory for my first character while I was getting those first levels. It was a little off-beat, but it worked for me and did not contradict anything lore wise. Not like I made a sparkly vampire Paladin. I simply like the lore behind the Paladin class a lot, with all the allusions made to characters and settings in Warcrafts 2 and 3, everything just felt like it had a lot of weight to it. While the Druid back story is really good, filled with rich characters, and setting, I simply prefered the Paladin side of things, especially from the human perspective. This is no doubt stemming from my love of the story in Warcraft 3's human campaign.
The other reason behind me picking a Paladin over a druid is much simpler. I hate that Druids do everything in a form of some kind. I didn't like the idea that armor would not show up on my character in combat, and I would be relegated to being some sort of blocky bear, cat, tree or owl...bear...thing. (This still bothers me about Druids)
But yeah, that's basically it for the first post in this WoW-y blog. I have no idea honestly when ill update this, probably when I simply feel like writing about something, which hopefully is soon enough. Till then, see ya.

1 comments:

Rice_Powered said...

Why I play Paladin.

Answer: Diablo II

No researching here, lulz~
I thought I can do the "zeal" thing from D2, rapid machine gun chopping.

In case if you forgot, its the attack that lets you hit multiple adjacent monsters in a single attack, resulting in above-mentioned rapid slashing action.

Irony being that it was one of the lowest dps output classes in Vanilla WoW.

WUT.