Games, games and more games.

I have been in a weird place lately while playing games. I find myself with such a daunting backlog of games to play that I can never get anything remotely close to done due to the almost paralyzing size of the pile of discs I want to go through. Despite that, I find myself dicking around in games that I am not having such a great time with, if anything they just serve to waste time while I tell myself I am looking for something better to do. I am somewhat sure that last sentence is the very essence of, if not close to, insanity. I will talk more after I put the cut here. Click on the article to read more.



I still find myself signing onto WoW for no reason. No one is around anymore, and frankly I do not feel like finding a new group to play the game with. I like the idea of trying Cata raiding, but I find myself unable to want to put the time into it. Maybe I was just spoiled with Wrath of the Lich King, and its easy-going way of doing things. When it comes down to it, Warcraft is just always so easy to turn on, and do without having to pay any real attention to things. I have already learned everything I need to know so I can get things done in the game while also watching TV.

I don't think I am going to cancel my subscription, but really I should stop playing. I would get so much done in other games if I never bothered with it. Maybe one day I can come back to it, fresh-faced and ready to find a group that doesn't vanish. Hell, if that doesn't happen, then I can simply cancel that account and save myself the fifteen dollars a month.

Despite what I said above, I am playing other games. I picked up a 3DS the day it came out and I got Super Street Fighter 4 (despite promising myself I would not), and that Tom Clancy Shadow Wars game. Street Fighter 4 has somehow found a way to surpass every incarnation of the game that has come before. Capcom leveraged some amazing skill in porting a beautiful, responsive and balanced game into a handheld, while adding 3D graphics and a little figure collection game. The Tom Clancy game is fun, had no need to be on the 3DS, could have simply made it for the DS. Maybe the game is super long? I don't know.

I have also been playing Pokemon White. It's fun in that exactly the same as everything that came before it kind of way. You know, what Pokemon has been doing since it came out. There are no holdover Pokemon this time, and while it is kind of refreshing to not have to see a Zubat, it really is just the same thing, with the same horrific writing, same forest of bugs, same cave of small rock balls (this time with no arms, unlike the old timey Geodude, which has no legs). The graphics got something of a boost, adding actual metropolitan areas to the game, which is actually pretty nice. Also the game tries to shoehorn an overarching story into this game, which is just silly. Team Plasma is trying to liberate Pokemon from the people who keep them. The really silly thing is that if you think about it for 5 seconds, they're in the right. Whatever, I bought it, I mainly play it on my breaks at work, so that means I am getting nowhere fast in the game.

Major console games...not really playing much. I am still inching through God of War, which is fun, but I cannot see it as the pinnacle of action gaming many say it is. Maybe back when it came out it was, then 2 and 3 simply improved on it? I guess I'll eventually see. I also find myself trying to start Dragon Age: Origins. I bought this game a while ago, but I found it painfully boring. However, I played the demo for DA2 and loved it. To some degree, I have to imagine this is because my copy of Origins is on the Xbox, where as I tried 2 on the computer. I was never a PC gamer, always preferring my fun to be on a TV, with a controller in my hands, but in this case, my blind insistence that I play first on consoles might have given me a sub-par look at the game. I made an elf, barely started it, but I think I will try diving into the game today, see if my opinion can be changed.

Lastly I do want to bring up something. I have wanted to get into journalism for some time now. Finally, I have something of a chance with this gaming news site I have written a news article for. If you like my writing, and want to see some more of it, as well as the work of other talented people, then head over to Botchweed Gaming. I am going to try my best to stay on top of the world of video game news and help this site grow and evolve into something great. That is pretty much everything that is on my mind right now. Wow, I wrote this whole post in one go. Usually I have to stop and think about what I write for a bit, ya know, take breaks. Today was apparently not the case, but anyway, till next time.

0 comments: