I have been trying to write now for so long. Nothing.

I have a few draft blogs sitting around on Blogger that I have written in varying states of weariness and/or sobriety. They're all crap, not that what I tend to write is normally gold, but seriously, bad. Tonight really seems as good a night to write as anything. I really was not going to, but I was playing like such absolute crap in heroic ZG that I decided that WoW and myself were not meeting in the middle tonight. I apologized to my group for my poor DPS and tendency to fucking croak and excused myself in the hope that they would get a random DPS who had their head in the game, as mine was obviously not. It was odd too, as I really wanted to play tonight, as it has for the past few nights, WoW has reinstalled itself as my succor from an annoying day of work. I have even found myself for a week now being sick of smacking my face into the heroic wall while using the LFD system. So much so that tonight, I spent a good deal of time skimming possibilities for raid spots. More to read bitches



Now in Wrath I was part of a guild, and while we started as a casual 'hang out and fuck around' guild, we ended up being a guild that raided every week, and were honestly pretty damn good at it. We downed Saurfang before any buff was rearing its nerfing head, however, that is where we completely and utterly stalled. Since then, I finished the rest of ICC, but that was after the full buff came around and some of the new heroics were harder as a result. But really, for a while now, WoW has not been a game where I felt terribly compelled to be better at, no idea why, maybe loss of interest, wanting to play other games, who knows. However, in the last week or so I have found myself wanting to raid again. Tonight I actually got the stones to look around and half-way apply for a guild that does raid. Now really what does one do with a paltry 351 item level, and wants to suddenly raid with the Firelands so close to the horizon?

Well it seems like I have a chance to find out what I can do in a raid environment. I am giving it a go with some sort of tryout this Tuesday. Now I need to look up the fights so I can have a chance of knowing what I am doing. Also on the raid side of things, I finally did Baradin Hold for the first time today. The fight simply put, was a joke. The movement component is minimal, and other wise you stand there and pound on this demon until dead. Nice plate pants dropped, but unfortunately they were the warrior tier pants. Dammit. This is a fight I need to make sure I do every week though, basically free VP.

In the end, I am finding that now that I am giving myself actual goals in WoW I am slowly pulling myself out of my players slump and am really enjoying playing again. I hope I am up to the challenge I am giving myself, I remember being pretty good at the raid stuff in Wrath, and really I am looking forward to having a structured time in which I need to be doing something fun. It's like a softball league for nerds.

0 comments: