Purpose change, layout change, and Final Fantasy XIII still blows.

When I first started writing on this bloggity thing, I figured I could babble on and on about the game-play in World of Warcraft. And while I probably could, a good deal of it would come off as forced and seem like something I did not really want to write about. To that end, I am gonna change things up, and write whatever the hell I want about whatever game I want. However, I will not be writing traditional reviews on here. That I save for Joe's thing. So really I write for two things that no one reads. Fan-fucking-tastic. But yeah, I also changed the layout of the blog, going back to a basic, Blogger.com made one. I prefer this as I don't have ads for things I do not want to advertise, like the site in which I got the template for in the first place. Selfish I know. But yeah I guess I just wanna briefly babble about two games I have been playing lately, and while they're in the same...most basic of genre's they are light-years apart from each other.


Final Fantasy XIII is seriously a bad fucking game. I trudged on a bit farther in the game today, everyone in my party now has their summon, like I give a shit. Sure, ill control Hope and his 7 HP so I can use Alexander. Better hope I can use him a lot, because I would die like no one's business. No, I stick with Fang now, who boasts something like the 2nd highest HP in the game, plus she has everyone's favorite dragon, Bahamut. Oh, and Bahamut is actually useful, unlike Odin, who decided he would turn into a friggin pansy. Otherwise I would have still been controlling Lightning, as ya know she is the main character. I would use Snow...but he's a fucking loser who has no useful roles. Fang can at least debuff. Snow sits there with his fruity headband punching things like a moron the entire time. I could of course start to level Snow into something like Saboteur, or I could jam a fucking pen into my eye. I imagine the endgame will have me leveling into these secondary roles, just right now they require so much CP, the entire idea is completely fucked before it even got going. I am also afraid I am not grinding enough, as the random battles seem to be getting harder. This annoys me to no end as I have gone through the entire game up till now with no stopping to grind. This is really one of the worst parts about the game, as it has an idea of what it is in discs 1 and 2, then when you reach Gran Pulse, it feels like Squeenix fired their whole god damn design team and replaced them with people who did not even care what came before, disc 3 was gonna be made their fucking way. The weird thing is, disc 3 is not horrible on its own. It is simply a different game, and has no place being packaged with discs 1 and 2. Heh, I just realized the way I'm talking does not even take into account the fact the PS3 version is on one disc. This is why I actually prefer the multi-disc packing of some Xbox 360 rpg's though. It reminds me of the PS1, where we were able to simply say where we were in a game in such a spoiler-free fashion, "disc 2, halfway through disc 3." and so on. Such easy ways to say things, and I kinda missed it to a degree, shame my return to such a way of saying things had to come roaring back on such a bad game.

Also, it is late, and I am too damn tired to talk about the other game, so ill do so at work tomorrow. The other game by the way is Pokemon Heart Gold.

0 comments: